One of the key factors for a successful nursing career is staying up-to-date with the latest research, healthcare standards, and technology. That’s why WGU is proud to announce our redeveloped BSN program built for the next generation of nurses.
Course content has been updated to align with the 2021 American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) The Essentials: Core Competencies for Professional Nursing Education standards. Courses have also been updated to include instruction in resiliency in nursing; diversity, equity, and inclusivity; and value-based healthcare.
The refresh includes your choice of professional development certificates—built right into the standard curriculum—that you will earn as you progress through your degree program. Certificate options include:
- Think Cultural Health–Department of Health and Human Services
- ELNEC–End of Life and Palliative Care: Core, Critical Care, Geriatric, or Pediatric
- AMNH–Genetics and Genomics in Healthcare
- IHI–Patient Safety and Quality
- SOGI–Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Nursing
- Caring Science, Mindful Practice
Additionally, students who hold an active RN license typically transfer an average of 80 credits into the program, allowing most to earn their BSN in two years or less.
Take the next step in your nursing career by earning a newly updated BSN from the online university favored by tens of thousands of nursing graduates. Get started today.
Download a PDF to get more, and shareable, information about the program.