First Cohort of Seven Students Slated to Graduate July 2
An innovative new program that began in Las Vegas is giving medical assistants the opportunity to gain free training to advance their career while still on the job. This tuition free program, compliments of HCA Healthcare’s CareNow® Urgent Care clinics, will be graduating the first cohort of seven students slated to graduate on July 2nd.
This new training program allows front line workers to receive free online training — while at work—to become a limited medical radiography technologist (LMRT), which is a higher paying role and can help them along on their future career path. The primary duties of LMRTs are to perform certain diagnostic imaging tests for patients. Having higher skilled healthcare workers at CareNow® Urgent Care clinics ultimately benefits patient care and patient satisfaction while providing career advancement to employees.
- The program was designed and piloted at Las Vegas CareNow® Urgent Care with cohorts in the company’s Las Vegas and Houston markets.
- It is expected to roll out to the Austin and Nashville markets in 2021. Later, the program will expand to California, Florida and Denver.
- The program is six-months and is a combination of online learning and hands-on practicum within the urgent care and hospital facilities.
- It offers a nationally accredited program through partnership with the College of Healthcare Professionals.
- The online training is free for registered participants; who must be full-time medical assistants in good standing with CareNow®.
- Once participants pass the state LMRT exam and receive state licensure, they are promoted to a higher-level position at CareNow®.
- There are 17 CareNow® locations in Las Vegas and more than 150 throughout the country. CareNow® clinics are open seven days a week to help the community receive urgent care, COVID testing plus more when they need it most.
Below is a link to an article in a national trade pub that was recently published showcasing a student of the program:
Since its founding in Dallas/Ft. Worth in 1993, CareNow® urgent care has been committed to providing high quality family, urgent care and occupational medicine services. Open seven days a week and after-hours, CareNow has over 140 locations nationwide providing convenient, quality and cost effective care.
CareNow is part of HCA Healthcare. Nashville-based HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising 185 hospitals and approximately 1,800 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 21 states and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.carenow.com or call (972) 745-7500. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
About HCA Healthcare Far West Division
HCA Healthcare Far West is headquartered in Henderson, Nevada, and serves communities In Nevada and California with multiple access points for care. Part of HCA Healthcare, one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, our 9 hospitals, 3 freestanding ER locations, 21 CareNow Urgent Care locations, 10 ambulatory surgery centers, 7 outpatient practices, and 28 graduate medical education and fellowship programs are dedicated to keeping our neighbors healthy. Our colleagues’ skill and sense of purpose drive our commitment to delivering excellence through effective, evidence-based, innovative and patient-centered care. We proudly serve communities throughout Southern Nevada with several access points including 4 hospitals: Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and MountainView Hospital.