- The Southern Nevada Health District is reporting a total of 2,005,236 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Clark County as of July 2. The total number of vaccinations initiated is 1,150,695; the number of vaccinations completed is 946,421.
- Upcoming vaccination clinics are scheduled at the following locations and additional information is available at www.snhd.info/covid-vaccine:
- Fade’Em All Barber shop, 7760 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, Saturday, July 3, 12 p.m.-2 pm.
- Galleria at Sunset, 1300 W. Sunset Rd., Henderson, Wednesday, July 7-Saturday, August 14, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., lower level
- CSN North Las Vegas and West Charleston campuses, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday
- Southern Nevada Health District, 280 S. Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.,
- The Health District continues to sequence samples of positive COVID-19 test results to identify variants of concern. To date, the Alpha B.1.1.7 (UK) variant is the dominant variant with 731 cases; the Delta B.1.617 variant has been identified in 269 cases. The total number of COVID-19 cases identified with variants of concern is 1,132.
- The Nevada State Public Health Laboratory (NSPHL) reported three Delta-Plus cases to the Southern Nevada Health District last week; these cases were sequenced by the NSPHL.
- Unvaccinated people attending Fourth of July celebrations and gathering are at an increased risk of COVID-19 infection and spreading the virus. It is recommended they:
- Continue wearing masks in public places and in gatherings with unvaccinated friends and family members and maintain a safe social distance both indoors and outdoors until fully vaccinated.
- Practice frequent handwashing, especially after being in a public place, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing and before eating.
- Visit the CDC’s website for additional guidance for unvaccinated people to celebrate holidays and special events: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/winter.html
- COVID-19 testing is available at the Southern Nevada Health District Monday-Friday, 6:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.; CSN North Las Vegas, West Charleston, and Henderson campuses, Tuesday-Friday, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Testing is recommended for people who have symptoms of COVID-19 or who are not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated and are a close contact of someone who has COVID-19. In addition, unvaccinated people who have participated in activities that put them at a higher risk of infection, including events with limited masking and social distancing. COVID-19 testing information is available: www.snhd.info/covid-testing and Nevada Health Response: https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/find-covid-19-testing-in-nevada/.
More information about COVID-19, including Health District resources, reports, and testing and vaccine clinic sites is available at www.snhd.info/covid. The Health District’s COVID-19 Dashboard is updated daily and available at www.snhd.info/covid-cases.
The Southern Nevada Health District serves as the local public health authority for Clark County, Boulder City, Henderson, Las Vegas, Mesquite and North Las Vegas. The agency safeguards the public health of the community’s residents and visitors through innovative programs, regulations, and initiatives focused on protecting and promoting their health and well-being. More information about the Health District, its programs, services, and the regulatory oversight it provides is available at www.SNHD.info. Follow the Health District on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.